By Kirk W Madison,Yiqiu Wang,Ana Maria Rey,Kai Bongs
The target of this publication is to offer assessment articles describing the most recent theoretical and experimental advancements within the box of chilly atoms and molecules. Our wish is this sequence will advertise examine by means of either highlighting fresh breakthroughs and through outlining probably the most promising study instructions within the field.
- Atoms and Molecules in Optical Lattices:
- Ultracold Ytterbium: iteration, Many-Body Physics, and Molecules (S Sugawa, Y Takasu, ok Enomoto, and Y Takahashi)
- Rotational Excitations of Polar Molecules on an Optical Lattice: From Novel Exciton Physics to Quantum Simulation of latest Lattice types (Marina Litinskaya and Roman V Krems)
- Quantum section Transition of chilly Atoms in Optical Lattices (Yaohua Chen, Wei Wu, Guocai Liu and Wuming Liu)
- Physics with Bose–Einstein Condensates:
- Unlocking the Mysteries of three-d Bose Gases close to Resonance (Mohammad S Mashayekhi, Jean-Sébastien Bernier and Fei Zhou)
- Light brought on Gauge Fields for Ultracold impartial Atoms (I B Spielman)
- Manipulation of a Bose–Einstein Condensate (Xiaoji Zhou, Xuzong Chen and Yiqiu Wang)
- Experimental tools for producing Two-Dimensional Quantum Turbulence in Bose–Einstein Condensates (K E Wilson, E C Samson, Z L Newman, T W Neely and B P Anderson)
- Atom-Light Interactions:
- Nonlinear Optics utilizing chilly Rydberg Atoms (Jonathan D Pritchard, Kevin J Weatherill and Charles S Adams)
- Mirror-Mediated Cooling: A Paradigm for Particle Cooling through the Retarded Dipole strength (Tim Freegarde, James Bateman, André Xuereb and Peter Horak)
- Cavity Quantum Optics with Bose–Einstein Condensates (Lu Zhou, Keye Zhang, Guangjiong Dong and Weiping Zhang)
- Fundamental Physics:
- Cold Atoms and Maxwell's Demon (Daniel A Steck)
- Thermalization from the viewpoint of Eigenstate Thermalization speculation (V Dunjko and M Olshanii)
- Cold Atoms and Precision Measurements (Wencui Peng, Biao Tang, Wei Yang, Lin Zhou, Jin Wang and Mingsheng Zhan)
Readership: study scientists together with graduate scholars and higher point undergraduate students.
Read or Download Annual Review of Cold Atoms and Molecules:Volume 1 PDF
Best molecular physics books
This quantity is a set of the contributions to the sixth Annual Workshop on Polarized Positron held in China. It offers up-to-date info on polarized positron resource R&D efforts for destiny excessive strength linear colliders and different study actions regarding the polarized positron stories. the themes coated comprise: positron beams for linear colliders, yet now not restricted to it, with the most goods indexed below:Polarized gamma ray generationHigh measure polarized positron new release from Compton scattering either ring and linac basedHigh measure polarized positron iteration from undulator radiationStacking and accumulation of the polarized beam from Compton regimePolarized beam delivery, regulate and accelerationChannelling radiation and applicationsPhysics functions of polarized positronsVarious excessive depth positron resources (include conventional)For different destiny colliders (SuperB, for example)Positron new release aim issuesPhysics functions of top quality X-rays and gamma-raysPolarimetry on the e+ sourceThe positron seize part and the photon collimationReview the actions of the “ILC–CLIC e+ new release” operating crew for all schemesStatus of the CDR for CLIC and TDR for ILCPolarized electron sourcesContents:Physics functions of Polarized Positrons (S Riemann)Positron resource for overseas Linear Collider (Wei Gai and Wanming Liu)On the Parameters of overseas Linear Collider Positron resource (Waming Liu, Wei Gai, Sabine Riemann and Andriy Ushakov)Polarized Positrons for the ILC — replace on Simulations (A Ushakov, O S Adeyemi, G Moortgat-Pick, F Staufenbiel and S Riemann)Why K-Factor in ILC Undulator will be Small (Alexander A Mikhailichenko)Status of Prototyping of the ILC Positron aim (J Gronberg, Craig Brooksby, Tom Piggott, Ryan Abbott, Jay Javedani and Ed Cook)Heat Load and rigidity reviews for an layout of the Photon Collimator for the ILC Positron resource (F Staufenbiel, S Riemann, O S Adeyemi, V Kovalenko, L Malysheva, A Ushakov and G Moortgat-Pick)Lithium Lens for ILC (Alexander A Mikhailichenko)Spin monitoring on the ILC Positron resource (V Kovalenko, O S Adeyemi, A Hartin, G A Moortgat-Pick, L Malysheva, S Riemann, F Staufenbiel and A Ushakov)The really traditional Positron resource for ILC (Tsunehiko Omori, Junji Urakawa, Tohru Takahashi, Shin-Ichi Kawada, Sabine Riemann, Wei Gai, Wanming Liu, Jie Gao, Guoxi Pei, Natsuki Okuda and Andriy Ushakov)Multi Bunch Gamma Ray iteration test at ATF (Tohru Takahashi)Positron resource utilizing Channeling with a Granular Converter (P Sievers, C Xu, R Chehab, X Artru, M Chevallier, O Dadoun, G Pei, V M Strakhovenko and A Variola)Compton e+ resource assessment (RING + ERL + LINAC) (Junji Urakawa)Compton Ring with Laser Radiative Cooling (E Bulyak, J Urakawa and F Zimmermann)BEPCII Positron resource (Pei Guoxi, solar Yaolin, Liu Jintong, Chi Yunlong, Liu Yuncheng and Liu Nianzong)Research of Compact X-Ray resource in accordance with Thomson Scattering at Tsinghua collage (Yingchao Du, Lixin Yan, Jianfei Hua, Qiang Du, Houjun Qian, Chen Li, Haisheng Xu, Wenhui Huang, Huaibi Chen and Chuanxiang Tang)
Britain was once the 1st nation to use atomic power on a wide scale, and at its height within the mid-1960s, it had generated extra electrical energy from nuclear strength than the remainder of the realm mixed. The civil atomic strength programme grew out of the army programme which produced plutonium for atomic guns.
This publication explores the comfort dynamics of inner-valence-ionized diatomic molecules at the foundation of extreme-ultraviolet pump-probe experiments played on the free-electron laser (FEL) in Hamburg. to begin with, the electron rearrangement dynamics in dissociating multiply charged iodine molecules is studied in an test that made it attainable to entry cost move in a to this point unexplored quasimolecular regime suitable for plasma and chemistry purposes of the FEL.
This thesis experiences the impressive discovery that, through arranging the dipoles in an ordered array with specific spacings, it really is attainable to vastly increase the cross-section and accomplish a robust light-matter coupling (>98% of the incident light). It additionally discusses the huge historical past to cooperative behaviour in atomic ensembles, and analyses intimately results in a single- and two-dimensional atomic arrays.
Additional info for Annual Review of Cold Atoms and Molecules:Volume 1
Annual Review of Cold Atoms and Molecules:Volume 1 by Kirk W Madison,Yiqiu Wang,Ana Maria Rey,Kai Bongs